[Freedombox-discuss] Occasional freezes

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Thu Jan 31 09:19:16 GMT 2019

Thanks, I will disable Coquelicot for the moment.
I am currently reading through zram and zswap, both sound promising
even though I do not fully understand them.zram seems to create a space
in RAM for a compressed swap, so more user data can be stored in
RAM,whereas zswap works same as zram as long as possible and when more
memory is required, it switches to file Swap.Maybe these are
alternatives to traditional swap?
zram is in debian testing, zswap I found in wikipedia.
I will think about whether to use a USB ext4 device as swap or try
zram.
By the way (but I think these are not related to my issues), a) even
though I disabled Tor, there is a process still running.b) default-
mysql-server upgrade is held back in apt
	Dietmar