[Freedombox-discuss] Outdated infos

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Oct 30 18:49:54 GMT 2019

On 30/10/19 8:42 am, Fioddor Superconcentrado wrote:

>         I think I found 2 outdated infos and I'd like you to confirm
>         before I correct them
>
>         Installation of dependencies (wiki)
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/es/FreedomBox/Contribute/Code says:
>
>     * Install the dependencies listed in the README file.
>     * Following the instructions in the README and HACKING files to install the project.
>
>   *
>     README
>     <https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/blob/master/README.md>
>     doesn't mention any dependency to be installed (?)
>
>   *
>     HACKING
>     <https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/blob/master/HACKING.md>
>     mentions a dependecy installation as alternative to the usage of
>     vagrant
>
> Guess the dependencies are needed in the testing VM but not in the
> Development host. *Please confirm*. Then I'll delete that step.

You are right. README is no longer relevant for developers. They should
instead just follow HACKING. There too, using Vagrant/VirtualBox is the
recommended way to setup a development environment instead of messing up
the host system. Please proceed with the changes.

>         Alpha? (PKG-INFO)
>
> Plinth.egg-info/PKG-INFO states: Development Status :: 3 - Alpha.
> *Alpha? Isn't this outdated?*

After the initial addition of this information long ago, we forgot to
update the list. I have proposed changes:

https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/merge_requests/1602

--
Sunil