[Freedombox-discuss] Firewalld not upgraded automatically. old config or new? also FOLLOWUP: other packages not upgraded.

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 14 00:27:35 BST 2020

On 4/12/20 1:30 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   libpam-systemd libsystemd0 mailutils mailutils-common python3-django sshfs
>   systemd
>   apt apt-utils libapt-pkg6.0 libnss-myhostname libudev1 matrix-synapse
>   python3-automat python3-constantly python3-cryptography python3-hamcrest
>   python3-hyperlink python3-icu python3-idna python3-incremental
>   python3-keyutils python3-llfuse python3-openssl python3-pyasn1
>   python3-pyasn1-modules python3-service-identity python3-systemd
>   python3-twisted python3-twisted-bin python3-zope.hookable systemd-sysv udev
>   unattended-upgrades
> 27 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
> Need to get 8,799 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 1,033 kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
> Abort.

Just a note, if you pressed 'y', then only the "apt apt-utils ..." set would be upgraded (and probably will be by unattended-upgrades). The "libpam-system libsystemd0 ..." set of packages would not be upgraded.

On my laptop running Debian testing, I have seen packages kept back for one of two reasons:
- New packages would be installed during the upgrade.
- Some installed package would be removed due to conflicts. (Often this is ok if it's not a package I care about.)

Please let us know if this situation remains after unattended-upgrades run.

--
James