[Freedombox-discuss] Searx stopped working: Error! search error

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 15 04:02:46 GMT 2020

Hi,

Got a little further after I wrote the previous post about unmet
dependencies.  Tried to upgrade again, this time from System->Update.

It didn't get completely stuck like cockpit.  At least if upraded some
things, including the kernel, but I still have these packages not being
upgraded:

sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  cpp g++ gcc gcc-10-base guile-2.2-libs libatomic1 libcc1-0 libgcc-s1
  libgomp1 libitm1 liblsan0 libquadmath0 libstdc++6 libtsan0 libubsan1
  mailutils mailutils-common php-common python3-django sshfs zile
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.

Evan after a reboot searx comes back immediately with an "i" in a circle
and "Error! search error". as soon as I hit enter or click on the
magnifying glass.  I didn't see anything about searx in the release
notes for version 20.20, so I wonder if this is related to the
not-upgraded python3-django as seen above.

Any hints, anyone?

Thanks.

Augustine