[Freedombox-discuss] Searx stopped working: Error! search error

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Wed Dec 16 01:00:36 GMT 2020

On 12/14/20 11:02 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
\> Evan after a reboot searx comes back immediately with an "i" in a circle
> and "Error! search error". as soon as I hit enter or click on the
> magnifying glass.  I didn't see anything about searx in the release
> notes for version 20.20, so I wonder if this is related to the
> not-upgraded python3-django as seen above.
>
> Any hints, anyone?

I assume you are running testing/bullseye, correct?

You could try to update the search engines list for searx, by running the following command as root:
# /usr/share/plinth/actions/searx setup

This was handled for users running testing/bullseye before, in FreedomBox 20.3 [1]. But if you were running stable/buster then, and later did a dist-upgrade to testing/bullseye, then the list of search engines needs to be updated again. I recently found this and am working on an implementation for the automatic dist upgrade support in FreedomBox [2].

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/merge_requests/1722
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/merge_requests/1966

--
James