[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox as a router

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Feb 21 13:23:24 GMT 2020

Op 21-02-2020 om 11:49 schreef Paul van der Vlis:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use the Fritzbox as a router:
> LAN --- Freedombox --- ISP-router --- internet
>
> The firewall should do things like NAT, and I need services like DHCP
> and DNS. I have two network interfaces.
>
> I could install DNSmasq and use my own firewall, but what's a good way
> to do this the Freedombox-way?

I have this working by installing dnsmasq. Not sure this is the good way
for the freedombox, but it works. This is what I've added to
/etc/dnsmasq.conf:

cache-size=200
interface=eth1
listen-address=10.42.0.1
dhcp-range=10.42.0.50,10.42.0.150,1h

> Second step is that I would like to use a VPN:
> LAN --- Freedombox --- ISP-router --- openVPN-server --- internet
>
> The Freedombox does not support to act as a VPN client, but I guess I
> can simply put a configuration in /etc/openvpn/ . Right?

I have this also working. All traffic from the LAN is routed trough the VPN.

With regards,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/