[Freedombox-discuss] OpenVPN slow

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Jun 24 17:48:36 BST 2020

Op 24-06-2020 om 18:12 schreef Pedro:
> Is known that OpenVPN is slow, specially on a device like you are
> pointing out (ARM, low powered devices, etc.)
>
> The fastest and simplest VPN is wireguard.io, that looks like a valid
> guide to set it up through freedombox [1].
>
> [1] https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/Wireguard_VPN_on_Freedombox.html

I've tried to setup Wireguard a few weeks ag. The point is that a newer
version of NetworkManager is needed, and there is no backport available.
I guess the people who have it working use Debian testing.

That's possible, but this is for an installation where stability is
needed. I will be exported to another country, I cannot help when there
is a problem with an upgrade.  A backport would be acceptable, but in my
opinion this is not the time for Debian testing.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/