[Freedombox-discuss] issue https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/issues/1998

Fioddor Superconcentrado fioddor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 19:43:34 BST 2021

As the title says, the problem is that a test (*test_list_disks*) fails
when run in a container.

The cause for the test to fail is that "Storage page doesn't list any
drives when running in a container". Now you've found the underlying
library that provides the info about the disks.

Since the problem only seems to happen inside containers (or similar
diskless environments), FreedomBox itself isn't wrong. Only the test is.
Thus, the issue reporter suggests: "We should detect this situation and
skip the test". In other words: the tests should first check if it is
running inside a container (with systemd-detect-virt --container) and if
that's the case, it should report 'skipped' as result and skip the rest of
the test.

Hope this helps.