[Freedombox-discuss] Is there some mailing list that discusses matrix clients, specifically element desktop?

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Thu May 13 21:13:11 BST 2021

hi,

I've been using Element desktop successfully for months with my
FreedomBox-based Matrix-synapse server.  Since last week I get
no video and can't connect to any room.  The camera is known though, if
I click on the ^ of the video icon, I see the picture from the camera
but both the camera and microphone have a slash through them.  Every few
seconds it sys "you have been disconnected".  Nothing that I've tried
gets rid of the problem.  At the top of the video field it says
$roomName and next to that AUD (no video), then room name gets replaced
by "Jitsi Conference Bashful Strange Cheese".  If I hang up (red phone
icon inside the video field), get out of jitsi and click on the camera
icon at the top, it says "Call in Progress  A call is currently being
placed!" which is obviously not true.  Rebooting the FreedomBox and the
computer that runs Element Desktop have no effect.  Element got upgraded
to 1.7.27 but the problem occurred even before that.  Text chat works
fine.  Any suggestions?

I've been looking and looking for a users/support mailing list for
Element desktop and have found nothing.  Can someone point me to one?

Thanks.

Augustine