[Freedombox-discuss] Action Needed: Dynamic DNS Server Migration

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 04:02:40 GMT 2021

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 12:44:25AM -0800, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> On 11/22/21 16:02, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> freedombox.rocks and all of its subdomains are up and running now. The
> outage was caused due to a configuration error on the old server during
> preparation activities for the server migration. The error has been handled.
>
> If you face any further troubles in DNS resolution for freedombox.rocks
> domains, please report them.

While I get dns resolution for my domain, and the status updates only
when I attempt to configure the new ddns.freedombox.org, the process
never completes.  The "Update seup" button keeps turning and turning.
If I exit the configuraton screen, say by going back to "System" the
set up reverts to gnudip.datasystems24.net.  I had previously gone to
gnudip.datasystem24.de and gave permission to migrate the record.

I have tried multiple times over a few days.  Same result.

I don't know if this is related to the certificate.  When the DNS
problem was solved, I did see that the certificate had been obtained.
Thinking that maybe I had to reobtain it, I did so multiple times.  it
didn't work, and now I have exceeded the 5 certificates per week limit
and can't obtain one.  I'll try again in a few days, but is this issue
with the certificates related to configuring the dynamic dns client to
use ddns.freedombox.org?

This problem occurs on both firefox and konqueror.

AUgustine