[Freedombox-discuss] EMERGENCY! after latest reboot, firewall doesn't let anything through.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 18:23:15 BST 2021

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 12:04:45PM -0700, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> Hi Augustine,
>
> Sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you drop by on IRC or Matrix and we
> can try to do some debugging of the problem together.

I can do that, but I'm not sure how useful it would be for testing since
I have to disable the firewall in order to connect to IRC.

> If I understand correctly, traffic is not getting forwarded to Internet from
> machines on the local network. Other functions of FreedomBox are working
> properly.

Well, mostly.  As I've been reporting in another thread, dnsmasq is
alternatively not starting at all, starting on one interface or starting
on both internal interfaces.  Currently, it doesn't start at all, so I
have no dhcp on either internal interface.

> We've had one other report of troubles with "shared" network connections not
> forwarding IPv4 traffic properly[1]. It may be that we are facing
> regressions in network-manager that may have already been fixed in an
> unreleased version.
>
> Links:
>
> 1) https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/issues/2114

This could be the issue.  However, there is also the new issue (that
I've left below: