[Freedombox-discuss] How can I colaborate?

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Fri Sep 24 02:58:51 BST 2021

On 9/23/21 5:15 PM, Walace Martins wrote:
> Hi! My name is Walace Martins, I'm a Computer Engineering student in
> Brazil, I'm close to graduating. I was looking for ways to learn more
> about Free Software and ended up discovering FreedomBox. I was very
> curious about the project and interested in becoming a contributor. I am
> very interested in the development topic. Today my strongest knowledge
> is in backend development in languages like C, C# and Java, but I am
> very interested in developing in Python.

Hi Walace,

Welcome to the FreedomBox project. A good overview of how one can
contribute to the project is available on the wiki[1]. Since you are
interested in Python coding, I suggest you start by readying a developer
setup[2] and pickup bugs meant for beginners[3]. Please feel free to
reach out to us for guidance on general queries, what bugs to pickup,
how to implement and learning technologies involved[4].

Links:

1) https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Contribute
2)
https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/blob/master/HACKING.md