[Freedombox-discuss] Refresh/reset infinoted certificate?

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 20:33:37 GMT 2022

Hello everyone,

After wasting 2 weeks trying to figure out why gobby stopped working
(see the previous thread "Gobby stopped working") and going on a wild goose
chase with wireshark and containers, it's now pretty obvious that I just
need to get a new certificate for infinoted (the gobby server).

I didn't know that infinoted had its own certificate or that it expired,
but apparently it does.  I have tried to set up infinoted on a local
machine but the --create-key and --create-certificate options fail.

In any case, on the FreedomBox infinoted is a service but I couldn't
find any way to tell it to generate a new key and certificate.  How
can I do this on the FreedomBox?

Something like the page for "Let's Encrypt", that shows the status of
the certificate and alllows one to Re-obtain, Delete or Revoke would be
helpful for the infinoted page.  It would even be better if it could be
re-generated automatically when it expired.

Failing that, what command-line command can I use to re-generate the key
and certificate for infinoted?

I've come to depend on infinoted/gobby and not having it working is a
real problem.  Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Augustine