[Freedombox-discuss] SOLVED! Refresh/reset infinoted certificate?

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 20:40:28 GMT 2022

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 03:33:37PM -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:

Hello everyone,

I managed to fix the problem.  To recap, since apparently no one is
using gobby/infinoted or has never encountered this problem, some time
ago gobby stopped working.  Turns out that, separate from the FreedomBox
certificate, infinoted (the gobby server) also has its own certificate
that expires.  After much trial and error, this re-created the
certificate:

# systemctl stop infinoted

# sudo -u infinoted infinoted --key-file=/etc/infinoted/infinoted-key.pem --certificate-file=/etc/infinoted/infinoted-cert.pem --create-key --create-certificate
^C

# systemctl start infinoted

My comment in the previous email is still valid.

> Something like the page for "Let's Encrypt", that shows the status of
> the certificate and alllows one to Re-obtain, Delete or Revoke would be
> helpful for the infinoted page.  It would even be better if it could be
> re-generated automatically when it expired.

Augustine