[Freedombox-discuss] PDF on android device

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Mar 10 14:01:12 GMT 2022

> Summary of https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.freedombox.freedombox/
> is "A companion app for your FreedomBox server"
>
> Would that android app help with getting a PDF from a freedombox
> to a android?
>
> Use case is having a PDF with a (QR)code that most be shown
> at e.g. entrance  (Concert ticket,  Cinema ticket)
> The PDF is available at FBX.

Hmm... I don't think you'd want to depend on the FBX being
up-and-running and your smartphone having a connection to the Internet
in order to enter such venues (already having to rely on your
smartphone being up and running is bad enough).

[ Personally, I don't have a cell phone, so my smartphone usually isn't
  connected to the Internet, which makes this decision obvious.  ]

So, just download that PDF to your phone once and for all, and then use
a PDF viewer (there are several available in F-Droid; I personally use
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.sufficientlysecure.viewer/) to
display it.

Or convert that PDF to a JPEG and then store it in your photo album.

        Stefan