[Freedombox-discuss] extracting the software

Joseph Nuthalapati njoseph at riseup.net
Fri May 6 11:45:56 BST 2022

On 02/05/22 22:52, Frank Bakewell via Freedombox-discuss wrote:
> Hi
> We are trying to download the Freedom Box software onto a blank SD card
> for our Raspberry Pi 3B. We have watched the video on the download
> section on your site and have downloaded the software. The next step in
> the video instructs us to right click and select extract but when we do
> this we don't have this option. Do you have any ideas? Do we need to
> download a third party app such as WinZip etc. in order to extract?
>
> Regards,
> Frank.

Hello Frank,

Since you mentioned WinZip, I will assume that you have downloaded the
image on a Windows machine. If you are going to use the software Balena
Etcher[1] mentioned in the video, you don't have to do the extraction
step. It will accept the compressed image.

1. https://www.balena.io/etcher/

--
Regards,
Joseph Nuthalapati