[Freedombox-discuss] ARM64 board for Debian/Freedombox

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Sep 12 13:52:52 BST 2022

> No, I think 64bit is a must in 2022.

When running Freedombox style software, with a machine that has no more
than 4GB, I highly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between
a machine running Debian's `arm64` and `armhf`.

The only potential issue I can think of is the question whether Debian's
`armhf` will still exist in 10 years.  But since there are still many
popular SBCs sold today with 32bit ARM CPUs, I do suspect that it will
still be around then.

        Stefan