[Freedombox-discuss] Can't login to ikiwiki.info to post a question there.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 1 01:41:13 BST 2024

Hi,

Still trying to figure out why ikiwiki never displays more than 10 posts
no matter what the value of the numbacklinks variable says.  I have tried
0 (to show all) and 100 (I only have 22 posts) but it always displays 10.

The /var/lib/ikiwiki/<name-of-blog>.setup variable:

numbacklinks: 0

whose description says:

# how many backlinks to show before hiding excess (0 to show all)

properly reflects the changes made with the ikiwiki interface.

Maybe I'm not understanding what this variable is supposed to do, but it
seems to be the only one that has anything to do with how many posts to
show.

Since no one here apparently knows why ikiwiki is behaving this way
(I've posted about this before), I went looing for mailing lists or forums
dedicated exclusively to ikiwiki.  Found https://ikiwiki.info and tried
to post the question there, but it requires a login.  There is an option
to login with email, and after I enter my email address it says:

 You have been sent an email, with a link you can open to complete
 the login process.

But I never received such a link, so I can't post.  Tried multiple
times.

Does anyone here know what the problem is with ikiwiki.info?  Does
anyone here have a way to contact the maintainer of ikiwiki.info? or
have an alternate way to login? known username/password?

Thanks.

Augustine