[Fsf-Debian] [Dev] Comparison with Parabola

Clint Adams clint at debian.org
Sun Aug 5 04:55:58 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 04:40:44PM +1200, Bryan Baldwin wrote:
> That isn't "compromise", its simply whole cloth lying. When a real
> contingent of Debian representatives have come forward to say, it is
> their intention to completely give up all mention and all support for
> contrib and nonfree, then this conversation will actually start
> getting somewhere, where "somewhere" means the possibility of being
> listed as a free distribution with the FSF.

I would love to do that, irrespective of what the FSF is willing
to list or not list.  However, the attempt to do this in 2004
failed decisively, and I fear that it would fail even harder now
that we are all aware of the evils of firmware.  Additionally,
I am under the impression that the indoctrination process (NM)
trains people to tell these blatant lies to which you seem to
object.