[Fsf-collab] greetings to fsf-collab-discuss

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jul 4 23:05:11 UTC 2012

hello, all--

i'm a Debian developer and FSF member, interested in improving the
communications and rapport between the two groups.

I think the groups are (and should continue to be) natural allies.  I
also think that natural allies can have legitimate disagreements --
there doesn't need to be a single "party line", and there is strength in
diversity.

Clearly defining the ways in which the organizations might see things
differently can be a useful exercise, particularly if it doesn't devolve
into defining ourselves solely by our differences.

In solidarity,

	--dkg