[Fsf-Debian] [Fsf-collab] Introduction

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sun Jul 8 22:36:29 UTC 2012

leader at debian.org (Stefano Zacchiroli) writes ("[Fsf-collab] Introduction"):
> It'd be great if, in the meantime, subscribers could introduce
> themselves and explain why they're interested in this initiative (that
> was the intended meaning of "saying hi" in my original message :-)).

Hi.  As a longstanding contributor to Debian, and a longstanding GNU
maintainer, I'm very keen to see if we can improve things in this
area.  I think the friction between two projects who ought to be
strong allies, and whose principles are in most respects very close,
is really unhelpful.

>From Debian's point of view this is an opportunity to use the feedback
from the FSF to improve, and in particular to more fully realise the
key goals of the Debian Project.

Thanks,
Ian.