[Fsf-collab] first idea

Sam Geeraerts samgee at elmundolibre.be
Fri Jul 6 15:29:38 UTC 2012

Jason Self wrote:
> Paul Wise said
>> I would suggest that instead of this wiki page, folks should have used
>> a list of unreported/unreportable issues and where possible file bugs
>> against Debian (with appropriate usertags) (and upstream) and remove
>> them from that wiki page.
>
> My understanding is that the FSF-endorsed distros do that (I know gNewSense
> does.) This list is often used to provide guidance that fully free distributions
> needs to use version X of or greater of a program to avoid problems, which is
> why the entry for chromium-bsu is there.

Indeed. And it should serve LTS releases and slow moving distros, so
issues should stay on it until non-problematic versions are widely adopted.

However, it's rather focussed on Debian derivatives. Discussion about
improving its general usability is probably better left to the
gnu-linux-libre list
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/).

gNewSense developers have filed bugs against Debian about packages in
this list when we thought them relevant for Debian. Those are usertagged
with "libreplanet" (and "gnewsense").