[Fsf-Debian] GNU Emacs docs (and GCC and others) are not DFSG free

Grant H. sirgrant at member.fsf.org
Mon Jul 9 04:35:27 UTC 2012

I don't see that when I read Stefano Zacchiroli's statement [1].

As the subject states "working with FSF on Debian Free-ness assessment"

Key word being we are working Debian's Free-ness.  Not the "free-ness"
of GNU or GNU documentation.

and the ideal goal is: "an agreed upon list of Debian "bugs" that need
to be solved, according to the usual Debian mechanisms, and with no
special treatment due to their "political" origin."

In short this project (as I understand it) is about making debian more
free and addressing some of the freedom issues the FSF raises.  Not the
other way around.  We are addressing issues with Debian not with GNU
packages/documentation.

* [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/07/msg00016.html

--
*Grant H.
*Email: SirGrant at member.fsf.org
*Ask me for my GPG key
*I'm an FSF member -- Help us support software freedom!