[Fsf-Debian] Silent here

Jason Self jason at bluehome.net
Fri Nov 23 19:52:18 UTC 2012

Michael Gilbert said:
> We really have no idea what actually needs to be done
> there have yet to be any official ... guidance to go on

On the contrary: Guidance is published [0].

Whether removing references to non-free software from the package's
control file and moving non-free software to nonfree.org will in and
of themselves be enough to satisfy these criteria or not, it seems
like those changes move things to be closer to what's described in
that document, regardless of whether (or not) other things might also
need to be done.

[0] http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html