[Fsf-Debian] Silent here

Michael Gilbert mgilbert at debian.org
Fri Nov 23 19:59:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Jason Self  wrote:
> Michael Gilbert said:
>> We really have no idea what actually needs to be done
>> there have yet to be any official ... guidance to go on
>
> On the contrary: Guidance is published [0].
>
> Whether removing references to non-free software from the package's
> control file and moving non-free software to nonfree.org will in and
> of themselves be enough to satisfy these criteria or not, it seems
> like those changes move things to be closer to what's described in
> that document, regardless of whether (or not) other things might also
> need to be done.

Correction: "specific" guidance.  In other words, what specific parts
of Debian keep it off the list?  If it's the existence of
non-free/contrib, then well this whole effort is a non-starter.  If
not, then what specifically are the existing things that need to be
improved?  This is about collaboration afterall, and we have yet to
see much from the FSF side: hence the silence.

Best wishes,
Mike