[Fsf-Debian] Silent here

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud odyx at debian.org
Sat Nov 24 10:57:15 UTC 2012

Le vendredi, 23 novembre 2012 21.18:33, Bryan Baldwin a écrit :
> On 11/24/12 05:03, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> > An amusing comparison may be drawn between the FSF's rejection of
> > four-clause BSD licenses and the FSF's support of invariant sections
> > in the GFDL.
>
> Documentation is not software. I wouldn't be surprised to find
> differences when comparing licenses drawn for software to licenses drawn
> for documentation. Software freedom guidelines have nothing to do with
> documentation freedom. Applying one to the other shows profound lack of
> thought and is going to waste a lot of time.

Good! Then:

Firmware is not software. I wouldn't be surprised to find differences when
comparing licenses drawn for software to licenses drawn for firmaware.
Software freedom guidelines have nothing to do with firmware freedom. Applying
one to the other shows profound lack of thought and is going to waste a lot of
time.

My point being: if we can exclude documentation from the realm of what we
consider as free, then we could do it with firmware as well…

OdyX