[Fsf-Debian] Deciding how Debian depends/recommends non-free packages

Michael Gilbert mgilbert at debian.org
Tue Oct 30 19:40:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I would also encourage the FSF to make its views, with supporting
> arguments, known very quickly.  The decision is likely to be made in
> the coming weeks.

Doesn't the Tech Committee usually likes to take it slow to give time
for sufficient info to flow out to be able to make the most
well-rounded decision possible?

Maybe you could argue to delay action on that bug for a while.  Is
there any real rush to get this one resolved immediately?  Any changes
resulting from that apply to the policy, and won't affect wheezy,
they'll to wait for jesse, which is two years away.

Best wishes,
Mike