[Fusioninventory-devel] documentation for the package generation system

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Aug 4 17:07:52 UTC 2010

2010/8/4 Bruno Cornec <Bruno.Cornec at hp.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Gonéri Le Bouder said on Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 11:46:29PM +0200:
>
>> I started a documentation about the package generation system used at
>> http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org :
>
> You do not seem to provide a single tar.gz upstream source package right
> ? You generate one per type of OS IIUC ?
We generated these tarballs with the source from the Git repository.
The official way
to get sources is Git or CPAN for the stable releases.

> You do not also provide directly native packages for the various OSes,
> but only tar.gz (except on Windows it seem).
And MacOSX. We would be glad to be able to provide more native
packages but we don't want to recreate what works fine today in
Project Builder :)

> Thanks. Would like to see how all this could fit with the
> project-builder.org approach.
wOOt, Thank you Bruno :)

--
     Gonéri Le Bouder