[Fusioninventory-devel] GLPI/FusionInventory. OCS alternative

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Mon Aug 9 13:23:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

Today, GLPI still use an OCS server to collect inventory from the
agents. In order to prepare the future and drop OCS server, we created
a PHP librairy designed to collect inventory from the agent in the OCS
format.

libfusioninventory-server-php (
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-server-phplib
) :
This lib collects inventory, keep only the changes, remove the
duplicated machines and push the final data to the main software. For
example, if a computer1 has been renamed to computer2 and software 2
installed. The lib will send only the difference with the first
inventory (new name and new software).

On GLPI side, Walid Nouh works on another lib (
https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/show/datainjection ) . This one is
designed to be used by GLPI to write inventory changes in the DB.
https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/show/datainjection This extension
will requires GLPI 0.80.

The goal is to get these two libs to work together. The first one to
get the data, the second to write it. The glue code is very likely to
be in the FusionInventory For GLPI plugin (
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-for-glpi ).

GLPI 0.72 is still in a rc stage and FusionInventory For GLPI plugin
won't be ready before mid-October.

I know Walid is on vacation somewhere in the north of america without
Internet connection but I prefer to ask my question :) Maybe someone
have an opinion.
Since datainjection is the sole dependency with GLPI 0.80 and I wonder
if it would be possible to port it to GLPI 0.72 to be able to release
the complete GLPI+FusionInventory distribution before 2011. And if
it's possible, do you think it make sens to do so. Maybe GLPI 0.80
remains the best option?

Best regards,
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder