[Fusioninventory-devel] UTF-8 issues

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Fri Aug 20 15:38:55 UTC 2010

2010/8/3 Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org>:
> 2010/8/1 Denis Linvinus <linvinus at gmail.com>:
>> 2010/8/1 Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org>
> Ok, so I fixed most of the UTF-8 issues thanks to the RDP access to
> your Russian Windows (thank you!).
> It remains a strange problem with the software list:
> http://nana.rulezlan.org/~goneri/ocsreport-utf8.png
>
> What I do (and Why I don't understand):
> I get the standard code page from the registry from
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\control\Nls\Codepage\ACP.
> I use it to do ACP → UTF8 conversion on every string I grab from the
> registry. The XML file looks OK! I wonder if OCS suppose I use latin1
> and try to do some latin1 → UTF8 conversion in my back ?
>
> Any opinion? The XML file is avalaible there:
> http://nana.rulezlan.org/~goneri/russian-linvinus.xml
I understood the issue finally. ocsreports is broken and assume the
content from the DB is Latin1. It sent ISO-8859-1 charset in the HTTP
header. I suppose the sole option is to use your ocsreport patches.

I wonder if we should maintain a fork of ocsreports with your patches
because of that. Any opinion?

Cheers
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder