[Fusioninventory-devel] FusionInventory cooperation

Mario Gzuk mariogzuk at technikz.de
Mon Feb 15 07:12:24 UTC 2010

Hi Gonéri.

>Can you give a better description of what the agent do and how you want
>the
>information exchange to be done.
>Do you know if you need architecture changes in the 2.x branch of the
>agent
>for achieve that?

It should be possible to run the agent in 2 modes. One is that the agent
send the data in xml direct to a specified URL to a server (maybe also
whith authentification support). The second one is that it should be
possible to store the files in a share (local,cifs,nfs,webdav or [s]ftp)
so that a scheduled process on the server side reads in the changed
files/data.

Can you point me to the docs/code where I can see the formats and the
xml structure of the agent? In which way the data is send to the server
- via HTTP[S] PUT or an other way? What do the server part needs to
handle the incoming data?

I would give you an virtual machine to test the implementation in
unattended-gui if you want this.

Greetings Mario