[Fusioninventory-devel] FusionInventory cooperation

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Mon Feb 15 16:23:33 UTC 2010

2010/2/15 Mario Gzuk <mariogzuk at technikz.de>:
> Hi Gonéri.
>
>>Can you give a better description of what the agent do and how you want
>>the
>>information exchange to be done.
>>Do you know if you need architecture changes in the 2.x branch of the
>>agent
>>for achieve that?
>
> It should be possible to run the agent in 2 modes. One is that the agent
> send the data in xml direct to a specified URL to a server (maybe also
> whith authentification support).
This is how OCS protocol works so it's probably easy to implement.

> The second one is that it should be
> possible to store the files in a share (local,cifs,nfs,webdav or [s]ftp)
> so that a scheduled process on the server side reads in the changed
> files/data.
Maybe it's possible to use OCS software deployment for that? The
FusionInventory 2.x implementation can support P2P to speed up data
deployment.

> Can you point me to the docs/code where I can see the formats and the
> xml structure of the agent? In which way the data is send to the server
> - via HTTP[S] PUT or an other way? What do the server part needs to
> handle the incoming data?
There is no documentation yet. Agent and server use XML to exchange
informations. Those files are submitted throught HTTP POST.

1 The agent request job:
1a) The agent contact the server with some information like its
DEVICEID. This is called the PROLOG.
1b) The server anwser and give order like "do me an inventory"
(<INVENTORY>SEND</INVENTORY>)

2The agent submit job result:
2a) The agent submit an XML to the server
2b) Depending on the struct of the XML, the agent will correctly process it.

You can run these steps when you want.

I suggest you to grab the agent and edit
lib/{Ocsinventory,FusionInventory}/Agent/Network.pm to add print
messages.
For example, in send function:
print "send():\n"
print $message->getContent()."\n";