[Fusioninventory-devel] FusionInventory cooperation - Feedback

Mario Gzuk mariogzuk at technikz.de
Wed Feb 24 18:44:08 UTC 2010

Hi.
Feedback on ubuntu server. On a base minimal installation you have to
install the following package to get the main part running:

apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl nmap
libnet-ip-perl libproc-pid-file-perl libproc-daemon-perl
libxml-simple-perl libmodule-install-perl make

For NetDiscovery you need also:
apt-get install libparallel-forkmanager-perl

Archive::Extract (needed for OcsDeploy) is missing in ubuntu server
8.04.3 but it is in the perl-modules package in lucid but an:
cpan install Archive::Extract
does install the needed package.

OcsDeploy need also:
apt-get install libfile-copy-recursive-perl

After that all the --debug runs without an error about missing modules.

But I need some more help about the following issues:
1.) How the login part will be processed? Is it possible to send post
vars like loginname=user password=secret?
2.) at the end I got this message:
------------------SNIP-----------------------
[debug] sending XML
[debug] Section HARDWARE has changed since last inventory
[debug] =BEGIN=SERVER RET======
[debug] $VAR1 = '';
[debug] =END=SERVER RET======
File does not exist:  at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FusionInventory/Agent/XML/Response.pm line 41
------------------SNAP-----------------------
What to send to the client after getting the inventory xml data?
3.) OcsDeploy run into this error:
------------------SNIP-----------------------
[debug] [task]start of OcsDeploy
[debug] cmd is: '/usr/bin/perl -MFusionInventory::Agent::Task::OcsDeploy
-e 'FusionInventory::Agent::Task::OcsDeploy::main();' --
/var/lib/fusioninventory-agent/xxx_www_modules_fusioninventory_controller.php'
Nested quantifiers in regex; marked by <-- HERE in
m/^\s+\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}+ <-- HERE \s+255\.255\.255\.0/
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/OcsDeploy.pm
line 875.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
[debug] [task] end of OcsDeploy
4.) Can you give me more informations at the OcsDeploy,SNMPQuery,
WakeOnLan and NetDiscovery parts? Is there any technical description? I
can read perl but mostly I don't understand it ;)

Thank you for your help!

Greetings mario