[Fusioninventory-devel] FusionInventory cooperation - Feedback

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Feb 24 23:15:15 UTC 2010

2010/2/24 Mario Gzuk <mariogzuk at technikz.de>:

> Archive::Extract (needed for OcsDeploy) is missing in ubuntu server
> 8.04.3 but it is in the perl-modules package in lucid but an:
> cpan install Archive::Extract
> does install the needed package.
Thank you for pointing this issue out. I think this dependency can be
dropped before the 2.0.

> But I need some more help about the following issues:
> 1.) How the login part will be processed? Is it possible to send post
> vars like loginname=user password=secret?
What about the HTTP basic auth mechanism?
--user=USER --password==TOTO --realm='protected area'

> 2.) at the end I got this message:
> ------------------SNIP-----------------------
> [debug] sending XML
> [debug] Section HARDWARE has changed since last inventory
> [debug] =BEGIN=SERVER RET======
> [debug] $VAR1 = '';
> [debug] =END=SERVER RET======
> File does not exist:  at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FusionInventory/Agent/XML/Response.pm line 41
> ------------------SNAP-----------------------
> What to send to the client after getting the inventory xml data?
The server send "ACCOUNT_UPDATE" is the server side inventory of the
machine'd been updated. It also sends the TAG to the client.
<REPLY>
  <RESPONSE>ACCOUNT_UPDATE</RESPONSE>
  <ACCOUNTINFO>
    <KEYVALUE>NA</KEYVALUE>
    <KEYNAME>TAG</KEYNAME>
  </ACCOUNTINFO>
</REPLY>

> 3.) OcsDeploy run into this error:
> ------------------SNIP-----------------------
> [debug] [task]start of OcsDeploy
> [debug] cmd is: '/usr/bin/perl -MFusionInventory::Agent::Task::OcsDeploy
> -e 'FusionInventory::Agent::Task::OcsDeploy::main();' --
> /var/lib/fusioninventory-agent/xxx_www_modules_fusioninventory_controller.php'
> Nested quantifiers in regex; marked by <-- HERE in
> m/^\s+\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}+ <-- HERE \s+255\.255\.255\.0/
> at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/OcsDeploy.pm
> line 875.
> Compilation failed in require.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
Outch, fixed. thank you again!

> [debug] [task] end of OcsDeploy
> 4.) Can you give me more informations at the OcsDeploy,SNMPQuery,
> WakeOnLan and NetDiscovery parts? Is there any technical description? I
> can read perl but mostly I don't understand it ;)
Well this part will be drived from a GLPI plugin called
FusionInventory for GLPI (was Tracker). If you have question, the best
is to contact ddurieux on IRC :)

Cheers!

--
     Gonéri Le Bouder