[Fusioninventory-devel] Administrative Data

Amir Pakdel a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net
Wed Jul 7 11:10:35 UTC 2010

Dear developers,

If I am not mistaking, "Administrative Data" can only be set on the
server and is pushed into the agent and then stored in the following file:
/var/lib/fusioninventory-agent/http\:__servername_ocsinventory/ocsinv.adm

Is it possible to do it the other way around? As a point in case, I have
set /etc/fusioninventory/ocsinv.adm for the agent as the following:

<ADM>
   <ACCOUNTINFO>
     <KEYNAME>TAG</KEYNAME>
     <KEYVALUE>TestTAG</KEYVALUE>
   </ACCOUNTINFO>
   <ACCOUNTINFO>
     <KEYNAME>TestAdminInfo</KEYNAME>
     <KEYVALUE>TestValFromClient</KEYVALUE>
   </ACCOUNTINFO>
</ADM>

But I have no success in setting "TestAdminInfo" to "TestValFromClient"
in the OCS server!

The goal is defining some fields that are specific to our organization.
They are easily set on the agent and; therefore we want to push these
fields from the agent into the OCS server.

Regards,

Amir