[Fusioninventory-devel] Administrative Data

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Jul 8 08:09:00 UTC 2010

2010/7/7 Amir Pakdel <a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net>

> Dear developers,

Hi Amir,

> If I am not mistaking, "Administrative Data" can only be set on the server
> and is pushed into the agent and then stored in the following file:
> /var/lib/fusioninventory-agent/http\:__servername_ocsinventory/ocsinv.adm
>
> Is it possible to do it the other way around? As a point in case, I have
> set /etc/fusioninventory/ocsinv.adm for the agent as the following:
>
> <ADM>
>  <ACCOUNTINFO>
>    <KEYNAME>TAG</KEYNAME>
>    <KEYVALUE>TestTAG</KEYVALUE>
>  </ACCOUNTINFO>
>  <ACCOUNTINFO>
>    <KEYNAME>TestAdminInfo</KEYNAME>
>    <KEYVALUE>TestValFromClient</KEYVALUE>
>  </ACCOUNTINFO>
> </ADM>
>
> But I have no success in setting "TestAdminInfo" to "TestValFromClient" in
> the OCS server!

Once the machine'd been created on the server, it's not possible to change
the admin info from the agent. You can change this behaviour with the
ACCEPT_TAG_UPDATE_FROM_CLIENT option since OCS 1.3

The goal is defining some fields that are specific to our organization. They
> are easily set on the agent and; therefore we want to push these fields from
> the agent into the OCS server.

I think we should avoid to edit ocsinfo.adm by hand. This file is not there
to be changed. Actually, this file will be dropped in the 2.2 release. I
would prefer a new proper parameter or config file instead. e.g:
  --adminfo-='TestAdminInfo: TestValFromClient'

Cheers
--
    Gonéri Le Bouder