[Fusioninventory-devel] The fusioninventory-agent

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Mon Jun 14 19:21:54 UTC 2010

2010/6/14 Cajus Pollmeier <pollmeier at gonicus.de>:
> Hi Gonéri,
Hi Cajus,

I Cc: the mailing list.

> after we met on the LinuxTag, I've spent some minutes with the agent. It seems
> to work here, but sends some errors messages to stderr:
>
> root at amqp:/home/cajus/fusion# fusioninventory-agent --stdout 1> /dev/null
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/FusionInventory/Agent/RPC.pm line 49.
> [info] Module FusionInventory::Agent::Task::OcsDeploy is not installed.
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/FusionInventory/Agent/Target.pm line 205.
> [info] Module FusionInventory::Agent::Task::OcsDeploy is not installed.
>
> If I ignore the [info] ones, there are two concat errors. Don't know if this
> is a problem.
The problem is fixed on the current Git tree (2.0.x and 2.1.x branches).
Thank you Cajus.

> Then I had a problem with --stdout. The docs say that it will not contact any
> server and just print the information to stdout. This seems to be the half
> truth: if you've a configuration file with a "server" keyword in it, it will try
> to connect the server and send the information.
Since the 2.x agent it's now possible to pass different target in the same time:
 --local /tmp --stdout --server server1,server2,server3

In the 2.0.x agent, server default value is ocsinventory-ng . This means
even if you don't add a --server XXXX parameter the agent will try to contact
a server called ocsinventory-ng (like OCS agent). We decided to change that
with the 2.1 release. There is no default server anymore now.

Cheers
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder