[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Sun Jun 20 02:49:00 UTC 2010

2010/5/28 Stéphane Urbanovski <s.urbanovski at ac-nancy-metz.fr>:
> Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
Sorry, I gave no answer yet.

(...)
>> What field should we put to represent the iLO interfaces?
>
> It's not so simple.
>
> If HARDWARE table is the closest representation of a ComputerSystem, a BMC
> should be a HARDWARE entry:
>
> <HARDWARE>
> <DEDICATED>14</DEDICATED> <!-- 14 = Server -->
> <REL_MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER ref="bmc1"/>
Actually, there is no attribue yet in the inventory XML, so I prefere
to avoid them for now, I propose this instead:
<REL_MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER>bmc1</REL_MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER>.

> </HARDWARE>
> <HARDWARE id="bmc1">
> <DEDICATED>41</DEDICATED> <!-- 41 = Management Controller -->
> <IPADRESS></IPADRESS>
> <PROCESSOR></PROCESSOR>
> </HARDWARE>
>

> We could even go further :
sorry, but I prefer the first option because your second solution is
too different of what already exist and will require more work.

Amir, what is you opinion for the <HARDWARE /> solution? Do you know
if it's possible to retrieve enough information to be able to identify
BMC devices (Serial?) and the relations with the host (UUID, mother
board serial number, etc).

Cheers!
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder