[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Amir Pakdel a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net
Sun Jun 20 08:13:32 UTC 2010

Dear Gonéri,

I do not know much about blades and I have not used one!
I think BMCs are separate SingleBoardComputers and can be used as the
management interface of multiple blades; therefore they should have a
separate entry in the hardware table, and they can be linked to each
blade as a management interface.
If BMCs have MAC address, a serial might be generated from it; however I
have no idea about the Host/BMC relation!
As you said, there has not been such a thing in the FusionInventory yet
and it will require some effort, but I volunteer to help as much as I can.

Sorry if I am not clear enough, but I am not a blade kind of guy :D

Cheers,
Amir