[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed May 26 08:00:09 UTC 2010

2010/5/26 Amir Pakdel <a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net>

> Since none of default HP-UX and Redhat Enterprise installations have Net::IP, I
> would rather not use that. As I have mentioned before, people of my department
> are really strict about not installing any application on servers!
> However, as it is a requirement in
> lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/OS/Linux/Network/Networks.pm I
> will change it as you said.

We can't drop all the dependencies. Some of them, like OpenSSL or LWP
can hardly be removed. I'm working on a script designed to generate a
full Perl build with FusionInventory dependencies built in.
http://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent/blob/master/tools/build-perl-tree.sh
When this script will be ready and tested on different OS, I will use
it to generate a tarball of base Perl system for every OS. We will
merge the tarball will the Git tree every days to provide daily build
of FusionInventory. The goal is to simplify as much as possible the
use of the agent.
In my opinion, we should use dependency with care by using them only
when they are mature enough, don't have to much dependencies and are
useful. I think it's the case of Net::IP.

> I think adding a specific XML key needs some changes in the database and
> the backend (OCS Inventory server, OCS report, GPLI). Am I right?
It's possible to extend the XML schema, in the case OCS will ignore
the changes the changes. We already do that for some keys, for example
in <SOFTWARES />. In the future, the XML will be directly used through
libfusioninventory-server (
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-server-phplib
) and people will be able to use the new keys if the want directly.

I've began to maintain the XML description as POD documentation there:
perldoc lib/FusionInventory/Agent/XML/Query/Inventory.pm

Cheers,
--
    Gonéri Le Bouder