[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Amir Pakdel a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net
Wed May 26 10:15:02 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 12:30 PM, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
> 2010/5/26 Amir Pakdel<a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net>
>
>> Since none of default HP-UX and Redhat Enterprise installations have Net::IP, I
>> would rather not use that. As I have mentioned before, people of my department
>> are really strict about not installing any application on servers!
>> However, as it is a requirement in
>> lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/OS/Linux/Network/Networks.pm I
>> will change it as you said.
>>
> We can't drop all the dependencies. Some of them, like OpenSSL or LWP
> can hardly be removed. I'm working on a script designed to generate a
> full Perl build with FusionInventory dependencies built in.
> http://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent/blob/master/tools/build-perl-tree.sh
> When this script will be ready and tested on different OS, I will use
> it to generate a tarball of base Perl system for every OS. We will
> merge the tarball will the Git tree every days to provide daily build
> of FusionInventory. The goal is to simplify as much as possible the
> use of the agent.
> In my opinion, we should use dependency with care by using them only
> when they are mature enough, don't have to much dependencies and are
> useful. I think it's the case of Net::IP.

I agree with you; I was just explaining why I did that in the first place :)
I have changed
lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/OS/Linux/Network/iLO.pm
immediately and pushed it into the git.

>> I think adding a specific XML key needs some changes in the database and
>> the backend (OCS Inventory server, OCS report, GPLI). Am I right?
>>
> It's possible to extend the XML schema, in the case OCS will ignore
> the changes the changes. We already do that for some keys, for example
> in<SOFTWARES />. In the future, the XML will be directly used through
> libfusioninventory-server (
> http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-server-phplib
> ) and people will be able to use the new keys if the want directly.
>
> I've began to maintain the XML description as POD documentation there:
> perldoc lib/FusionInventory/Agent/XML/Query/Inventory.pm

I think it would be better to change it when the
libfusioninventory-server is available. Otherwise, it would not be
available until then.

One more thing about http://forge.fusioninventory.org/issues/114: where
is the source code of FusionInventory Agent for Windows Options?