[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Stéphane Urbanovski s.urbanovski at ac-nancy-metz.fr
Wed May 26 08:27:27 UTC 2010

Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
> 2010/5/25 Amir Pakdel <a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net
> <mailto:a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net>>
>
>     Dear Developers,
>
>     Would you please test the attached iLO.pm. It gathers information
>     about HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) which is Management Interface
>     of HP ProLiant servers. I have copied it in the following
>     subdirectory during my tests:
>     lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/OS/Linux/Network/iLO.pm
>

> I can't test the module myself, I've no HP ProLiant server but the
> module look fine. May I suggest you to use Net::IP the compute network
> mask. It's a dependency we already use in a lot of module.
>
> What about a specific XML key to make clear this interface is dedicated
> to remote management? For example, <REMMNGT>iLO</REMMNGT> Even if it
> won't be used today, it may be a valuable information in the future.

Hi

In a CIM point of view, a BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) is a "ComputerSystem" with its "Dedicated" property set to "Management Controller".

http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/cim-sdk/smash/u3/ga/apirefdoc/CIM_ComputerSystem.html

This ComputerSystem has a "Hosted" relation with the ComputerSystem representing the server.

Not sure it helps ... ;-)

--
Stéphane Urbanovski