[Fusioninventory-devel] Getting started...

Cajus Pollmeier pollmeier at gonicus.de
Mon May 31 11:49:54 UTC 2010

Hiho!

Beeing freshly subscribed to the fusioninventory mailinglist, let me introduce
myself: I'm Cajus, being responsible for most of the stuff happening around
GOsa (http://www.gosa-project.org).

While there has been some support for the GLPI project in older versions of
GOsa, it has been dropped some years ago, because it had to be massively
polished to work with current versions of GLPI and there were no resources for
that. Now - while rewriting some core code - it is time to get back with
inventory. Indirectly.

I've some different architecture here and would like to ask if (and how) it's
possible, to adapt (make a module, what ever) the server/client side to fit the
needs. Here's how it goes:

Similar to d-bus, which is used on most linux systems in some way, I've a
network bus, where you can post events. Subscribers can get the events they
want to get a notification for.

OCS or GLPI would be subscribers for "fusioninventory/(ocs|glpi|*)" events on
this bus or may trigger commands using their native XML if they want to. The
fusioninventory agent does not contact OCS/GLPI/* directly. It just sends the
events to the bus, while the appropriate component catches the event and does
something with it.

Is it possible to integrate fusioninventory that way? I mean - not sending to
different instances of various servers, but sending named events with payload
to a unique bus, and using an bus2ocs agent to get it processed?

Thanks!
Cajus