[Fusioninventory-devel] Getting started...

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Mon May 31 13:59:29 UTC 2010

2010/5/31 Cajus Pollmeier <pollmeier at gonicus.de>:
> Hiho!

> Is it possible to integrate fusioninventory that way? I mean - not sending to
> different instances of various servers, but sending named events with payload
> to a unique bus, and using an bus2ocs agent to get it processed?
Hi Cajus, Weclome on the list.

I think it's something you can do without architecture changes.

On the server side, in FusionInventory project, we want to avoid
different implementation
of the same features in different projects. Even more because we've
planned to add
load of new feature and OCS protocol is not very well documented.
Because of that, we are working on a service library called
libfusioninventory-server-php
(shorter: libFusInv).
This PHP lib is written to be a ready to use OCS server.
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-server-phplib
http://github.com/fusinv/libfusioninventory-server-php
The lib comes with a basic example site.

On the client side, since the 2.0 release, it's possible to wake up
the agent through
a mini embedded HTTP server. For now, it's not possible to send this
request from
the lib, but it's a trivial changes to do.

So, to be compliant with your architecture, you can create a glue
between the libFusInv
and your bus.

Example a (message from computer):
libFusInv → bus) I got an inventory changes from machine 42, "there is
a new device in the machine".

Example b (order to computer):
user→bus) I've a message to client 42, I send it to the bug
bus → libFusInv) That's something I can do, I send the "wake up"
request to the agent. The agent get the order to process and give back
an answer to the server.
libFusInv → bug) This is the answer

Best regards,

--