[Fusioninventory-devel] Getting started...

Cajus Pollmeier pollmeier at gonicus.de
Mon May 31 14:56:07 UTC 2010

Am Montag 31 Mai 2010, 15:59:29 schrieben Sie:
> 2010/5/31 Cajus Pollmeier <pollmeier at gonicus.de>:
> > Hiho!
> >
> > Is it possible to integrate fusioninventory that way? I mean - not
> > sending to different instances of various servers, but sending named
> > events with payload to a unique bus, and using an bus2ocs agent to get
> > it processed?
>
> Hi Cajus, Weclome on the list.
>
> I think it's something you can do without architecture changes.
>
> On the server side, in FusionInventory project, we want to avoid
> different implementation
> of the same features in different projects. Even more because we've
> planned to add
> load of new feature and OCS protocol is not very well documented.
> Because of that, we are working on a service library called
> libfusioninventory-server-php
> (shorter: libFusInv).
> This PHP lib is written to be a ready to use OCS server.
> http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-server-phplib
> http://github.com/fusinv/libfusioninventory-server-php
> The lib comes with a basic example site.
>
> On the client side, since the 2.0 release, it's possible to wake up
> the agent through
> a mini embedded HTTP server. For now, it's not possible to send this
> request from
> the lib, but it's a trivial changes to do.
>
> So, to be compliant with your architecture, you can create a glue
> between the libFusInv
> and your bus.

Thanks for the quick answers Gonéri.

What I got so far:

The client is no problem, because there are minimal steps to perform in order
to disable the HTTP and trigger from the library instead. I'm thinking of d-
bus registerd methods, because the network bus could act as a d-bus proxy.

What I don't understand in the moment is the server side. I don't use PHP in
this case and GOsa's PHP usage percentage will shrink:

What is the future way to speak with different backends like ocs-ng/glpi/* (I
like to use future ways ;-))? The PHP library? Or will there be a
fusioninventory server component which consists of the php library? In other
words - is there one communication channel to a server, or seperates to
ocs/glpi/etc?

Sorry - lots of questions ;-)

Cheers,
Cajus