[Fusioninventory-devel] Running without installation

Mario Gzuk mariogzuk at technikz.de
Wed Nov 10 13:24:58 UTC 2010

Hi Gonéri,

Am 10.11.2010 13:55, schrieb Gonéri Le Bouder:
> 2010/11/10 Mario Gzuk <mariogzuk at technikz.de>:
>> Hi!
> Hi Mario,
>
>> Have you tested to run the agent manually from a network share? It would
>> be nice to have the possibility to run fusioninventory via a login
>> script (mainly on windows systems) without installing it on every system.
>> I dont know if fusioninventory is working in the context of a normal
>> user account?
> Probably. Can you run dmidecode with a limited account?

puh...
not on linux:
# dmidecode 2.9
/dev/mem: Permission denied
not in windows:
# dmidecode 2.10
Could not open \device\physicalmemory: Zugriff verweigert

But the commands systeminfo (windows) and free (linux) work. Also
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simo/ could read this data.

But maybe not all information would be needed ...

> You can open a FR or try that yourself on open directly the blocking bugs.

...sorry - currently I dont have the time to test this...

> About the .reg bug
> (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.fusion-inventory.devel/151)
> Is it possible to have a RDP access to the machine?

Yes, I will send you the access stuff. But I can only give you access
for a limited time. So feel free to tell me about you have time to look @

> Another point unrelated question, will you be at FOSDEM?

Dont know, I have to decide this 2-3 days before ... ;)

Cheers