[Fusioninventory-devel] help to detect resolution on Linux

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Nov 11 12:58:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm working on this bug http://forge.fusioninventory.org/issues/316
Screen resolution has never been inventoried on Linux because it's something
that depend on the X settings of the user and there is no easy way to get
the information from a root process like the agent.

On of the option suggested by Eric Freyens is to parse X log file. Here,
i've only Intel graphic card and I'm looking for output with different
hardware.

So, can you please run:
sudo cat /proc/$(ps -A| grep Xorg | awk '{print $1}')/fd/0 > output

and attach the file to the bugreport? We will use these files to create
a test-suite.

Thanks in advance,

    Gonéri Le Bouder