[Fusioninventory-devel] Deployment in unattended-gui (and others)

Mario Gzuk mariogzuk at technikz.de
Thu Nov 11 19:25:38 UTC 2010

> To complet my suggestion, we need to had checksum in this FILES section.
> I understand Uranos do that already but if we want to have something generic
> enough we need to be able to retrieve file ourself.
>
> Regarding this, we already do peer to peer software download for the
> OcsDeploy.pm module. It works great, people are already able to deploy large
> archive on local network quickly. I plan do to the same here.

Mainly the deployment runs directly from a share. But it is also
possible to use it via http[s]|ftp to retrieve the software files. I am
currently dont know what you mean with "we need to be able to retrieve
file ourself"...

>> Following the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle:
>> The agent should do only main tasks so that you never have to change it:
>> 1.) get the script from somewhere (http[s] with or whithout auth) and
>> store it local
> Sometime the script need another file. That's why I think
> we should be able to have more than one file.
>> 2.) run the scritp with the <OPTS>
>> 3.) catch the return code and the output from the script and
>> 4.) send it back to the server
>>
>> What do u think?
> I do agree. Isn't this solution simple enough?

Sure it is ;)

> I've not plan in my mind. It was just to know if it was easy to reuse Uranos
> from another software or if this is something you prefer to avoid for
> the moment.

Yes it is for some things, eg. it produces software scripts for
download, update and install software. Also it can produce files for
installing operating systems without interaction. But I dont know how
you will use this without preconfigure the host...

cheers