[Fusioninventory-devel] 3 days of docs instead of 3 days of code ?

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Nov 11 19:38:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 07:31:20PM +0100, Walid Nouh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The FusionInventory documentation is, for the moment, far from being
> usable. This is really bad, because we don't even have a complete
> doc for the stable version.
>
> My suggestion is that we take 3 days, where, instead of coding, we
> all work on writing the doc. It's not as cool as coding, but it's
> really important. Even if it's not perfect, and has to be rewrite by
> some native english speaking users, we definitly have to write the
> pages ourselves.
I like the idea.

I also want to suggest a policy. Every day, user ask us to explain
how some part of the software works. My suggestion is simple, we should
write the answer in the documentation directly and if the user don't
understand, try to improve the documentation with h{im,er}.

> The second question, which is related to the first is to decide for
> which version the doc has to be written : for the stable one ? If
> yes, then it means that we'll have to rewrite it again (at the for
> the glpi plugin part) again with the release of fusioninventory for
> glpi 0.78...
0.78

Regards,

     Gonéri