[Fusioninventory-devel] DB inventory

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Oct 28 18:49:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:27:10AM +0200, Fabrice Flore-Thebault wrote:
> Hi folks,
Hi Fabrice,

> In a second time, I think that we should think about doing an inventory of
> some applications that are not to be treated as "software", bus as specific
> sorts of applications : like web applications (apache vhosts, tomcat apps),
> databases. This applications could be then linked to the accurate plugins in
> GLPI.
Maddingue on IRC already opened a topic about the DB inventory. He has got some
Perl code to retrieve information from the MySQL DB on Debian.
In think we should do such inventory the way we do it for SNMP:
1) A little interface where people give a list of the machine with the
credentials for the various database and the type (MySQL, Postgresql, oracle,
etc).
2) When the agent contact the server, the server send a "scan this DB order"
with the machine address/port, the DB type and the credential
3) The agent send back the information to the server.

I'm willing to create the agent side part quickly and reuse Maddingue code
base. Anyone is interested to do this server side?

Best regards,
--
    Gonéri Le Bouder